FLYERS are children who have tried to make up their own music and who would like to receive teaching and help to to learn new composing skills. We are looking for keen, enthusiastic young people, who love music and who are ready to work hard with online teachers to improve their musical ideas.
Anyone who is of school age anywhere in the world can apply to become a FLYER! Just send an email to Philip (our manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org and this will ‘set the ball rolling’!
FLYERS will work with excellent music composition teachers, either in their own countries or online. Each year, they will be able to enter their pieces for the Composition Award via an easy online application process.
A shortlist of 10 compositions written by FLYERS will be announced after the closing date each year
A shortlist of 10 compositions written by FLYERS will be announced on the 23rd September 2019.
The 10 shortlisted FLYERS will have some exciting opportunities!
- Each shortlisted FLYER will be asked to compose a new piece for The CICA Ensemble and performed in a special concert in London (UK).
- Shortlisted FLYERS and their winning pieces will be promoted on an international website.
- Each of the 10 young people will receive-one-to–one mentoring via Skype with a selected professional composer for two months.
The Grand Final will take place annually in The Princess Alexandra Hall, Royal Over-Seas League, London, UK.
All 10 new pieces by shortlisted FLYERS will be performed by brilliant professional musicians from the CICA Ensemble.
One FLYER will be selected each year as our International Winner. They will receive:
- A PROFESSIONAL COMPOSITION TEACHER – either in their own country or online, and free composition lessons for 1 year.
- A COMMISSION to write a piece for a special event, either for Commonwealth Week or for other special Commonwealth events.