ENTRIES FOR 2020 are now open!
To apply for the Composition Award, please contact our manager Philip Dutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If anyone has problems accessing the entry form, please can you contact email@example.com.
Young people should ask their parents or guardians to read the application form and help them to complete it. Teachers may wish to enter an individual or a group of students.
When you apply, you will be asked some questions.
- Which category you are applying for? STARTER or FLYER?
- Have you ever composed before?
- Name, age, email, phone number
- You will be asked to submit one composition, with a score/image file of the music and/or an audio file.
- What style is your music? – e.g. classical, jazz, pop, electronic, funky, serious. We want to know how you would describe your music.
Your composition must be your own work. Any work that we consider to be plagiarised will not be put forward. School-aged students from all countries are eligible to enter. If you attend a specialist music school or Junior Conservatoire, either in the UK or internationally, you are not eligible to apply for the award. For the Starters category, you must be interested in composition, and be from one of the following target regions: The Soloman Islands, Belize, Kenya, and Sri Lanka.
Applications must be submitted before Tuesday 1st September 2020
Shortlisted young composers to be announced on Wednesday 30th September 2020
The Grand Final – May 4th 2021.
For links to three example compositions, click here.
For full terms and conditions, click here.
For TCR’s health and safety policies, click here.
For the ABRSM’s privacy and data protection policy, click here.
For our safeguarding policy, click here.