ENTRIES FOR 2019 HAVE NOW CLOSED. If you have any questions about 2019-2020 entries, please email Sam Buttler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Composition Award, please follow the link to our application form.
Young people should ask their parents or guardians to read the application form and help them to complete it. Teachers may wish to enter an individual or a group of students.
When you apply, you will be asked some questions.
- Which category you are applying for? STARTER or FLYER?
- Have you ever composed before?
- Name, age, email, phone number
- You will be asked to submit one composition, with a score/image file of the music and/or an audio file.
- What style is your music? – e.g. classical, jazz, pop, electronic, funky, serious. We want to know how you would describe your music.
Your composition must be your own work. Any work that we consider to be plagiarised will not be put forward.
Applications must be submitted before 31st July 2019.
Current UK residents are not eligible for 2019 or 2020 entry, but the Composition Award will be open to UK schools in 2021 (excluding Junior Departments and Specialist Music Schools).
For links to three example compositions, click here.
For full terms and conditions, click here.
For TCR’s health and safety policies, click here.
For the ABRSM’s privacy and data protection policy, click here.
For our safeguarding policy, click here.